Alliance for an Indivisible America 2020
The Alliance for an Indivisible America 2020 is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization created specifically to challenge and counter the efforts to promote radicalization and xenophobic violence in America and worldwide. AIA’s holistic, intentional program will assess and address these conditions in fundamental ways. We will challenge the current negative narrative and propagate one of inclusion, uprooting the very seeds of alienation and violence, while building the capacity of organizations, groups, and leadership individuals.
As industrious, inclusive, highly educated and significant contributors to our nation
Consider Muslims as those who
See America as the beacon of freedom, hope for the future, and a place of prosperity for their families
Love America and its values - like all immigrants throughout American history
Accept American Muslims without fear
As members of their communities, and
As friends, neighbors, colleagues who share the same American values
See AIA 2020 as a dedicated and committed force to
Counter concerns about Islam in America and violent extremism worldwide
- On Aug 15, AIA 2020 Director Marro and AIA Staff and Senior Advisor Rob Leggat conducted a training session at the 2017 Youth Leadership Class at the International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT) in Herndon VA. Some 20 young students from various Muslim communities locally and nationally had come for the week long training, and … Continue reading "AIA2020 Conduct Media Training Session at IIIT"
- On Sep 11, AIA 2020 Director Marro and his wife were invited to represent AIA and the ADAMS Center at a private dinner celebrating the visit of Malaysian Prime Minister Dato’ Sri Najib Tun Razak and his wife Datin Sri Rosmah Mansor, and to honor the anniversary of 60 years of Diplomatic ties and relations … Continue reading "AIA Executive Director Meets with Malaysian Prime Minister"
- Friday Sep 1, 2017 marked the end of the Hajj (pilgrimage) in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, and commemorates the Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham), who was commanded by God to offer his son as a sacrifice as a test of his faith. But in both the Bible and Quran versions of the story, an angel came to Abraham … Continue reading "Muslim Community Celebrates Eid AlAdha with Fellow Neighbors"
- ‘“Good” and “Bad” Muslim Citizens: Feminists, Terrorists, and U.S. Orientalisms,’ Book by Sunaina Maira Review By Javaria Abbasi, AIA 2020 Intern In her essay in Feminist Studies, Sunaina Maira, Professor of Asian American Studies at University of California Davis, argues the United States’ “national security” rhetoric hides an imperialist agenda that is manifest most blatantly … Continue reading "How the State Interacts with Muslims – A Book Review"
- By Javaria Abbasi, AIA Program Analyst ADAMS and AIA 2020 were very pleased to join in support of the Virginia NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) in a counter-protest in response to a demonstration planned and announced by the Loyal White Knights Chapter of the Ku Klux Klan on Saturday July 8, … Continue reading "Counter Protesters Far Outnumber Ku Klux Klan Protesters In Charlottesville Rally"
- Thank you for the Opinion by Supervisor Lawson (July 11 Prince William Times) on the ADAMS mosque and Land-Use provisions in the Rural Crescent. We hope your readers would also like some objective information about this ‘septic vs sewer’ issue at the heart of this ADAMS Application. The approval of both Victory Crossing and Fireside … Continue reading "Guest Opinion: ADAMS Mosque Vote the Right Decision"
- Robert Marro, Executive Director, AIA 2020 On Friday Jul 7, 2017, members of AIA, ADAMS and Dar al Noor, and many hundreds of others from across Northern Virginia attended funeral services in Manassas for Suzanne Miller, wife of VA Delegate Jackson Miller. Jackson has represented the 50th District, encompassing Manassas and surrounding area, in the … Continue reading "In Memory of Suzanne Miller, Wife of VA Delegate Jackson Miller"
- Hope everyone had a great 4th of July. My Family and I were in a 4th of July Parade in Purcellville, VA. My Boys were a part of the Boy Scouts of America Honor Guard with the US Flag and we were a part of the Purcellville Rotary Club Float. I remind all of us … Continue reading "4th of July Reflections: I am an American Muslim and I am Proud to be an American"
- Lt. Governor, delegates present joint house resolution By: Lamyaa Mowery, MAV Contributing Editor STERLING, Virginia — Lt. Governor Ralph Northam visited the All Dulles Area Muslim Society (ADAMS) Friday, June 2, along with other elected leaders to present a House Joint Resolution that honors the ADAMS Center’s FAITH Social Services program. House Joint Resolution 969 … Continue reading "Virginia honors ADAMS’s FAITH Social Services"
- By: Lamyaa Mowery, MAV Contributing Editor Nokesville — Prince William Board of County Supervisors voted to approve the construction of a new ADAMS’ mosque branch following a hearing held Tuesday evening June 27. The Mosque branch will be located in the Nokesville area of Prince William County. The hearing held at the James McCoart Building … Continue reading "ADAMS Nokesville Mosque Application Unanimously Approved"
- The ADAMS Center and AIA 2020 (Alliance for an Indivisible America 2020) lost a member of our community this week. The tragic and brutal death of 17-year-old Nabra Hassanen are saddening and devastating. But Nabra’s life tells a much different story. A Muslim whose love knew no bounds, Nabra was not defined by ethnicity, … Continue reading "Remembering Nabra Hassanen"
- Both candidates seeking the Democratic nomination for governor visited Loudoun this week. Attorney, former U.S. Representative and Obama Administration diplomat Tom Perriello spoke to the Loudoun County Democratic Party’s monthly meeting Thursday night in Leesburg. He said Donald Trump’s presidency “reminds us of the fact that it’s state that are going to need to step up and show … Continue reading "Loudoun Now: Perriello, Northam Stump in Loudoun"
- By Javaria Abbasi, AIA Program Analyst Arlington National Cemetery, VA — Members from the Muslim American Veterans Association (MAVA), the Boy Scouts of America, the All Dulles Area Muslim Society (ADAMS), Masjid Muhammad – the Nations Mosque, the Dar al Noor Islamic Community Center and the Alliance for an Indivisible America (AIA 2020) gathered Saturday … Continue reading "American Muslim Groups Honor Country’s Fallen Heroes"
- AMERICAN GERIATRICS SOCIETY The American Geriatrics Society (AGS) has named Fatima Sheikh, MD, CMD, MPH, Medical Director at FutureCare in Maryland and Assistant Professor at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, the 2017 AGS Clinician of the Year. In her work across post-acute and long-term care, Dr. Sheikh is recognized not only as a skilled … Continue reading "Dr. Fatima Sheikh named AGS Clinician of the Year"
ADAMS Thoughts & Prayers for Oregon Heroes that were Murdered and Injured for Defending Muslim Women from Anti-Muslim HarassmentThe thoughts and prayers of the entire ADAMS Community are with the two men that were murdered (Ricky John Best and Taliesin Namkai-Meche) and one injured (Micah David-Cole Fletcher) in Portland, Oregon while trying to defend two Muslim women from Anti-Muslim harassment by an apparent white supremacist( Jeremy Joseph Christian) We earnestly thank and honor … Continue reading "ADAMS Thoughts & Prayers for Oregon Heroes that were Murdered and Injured for Defending Muslim Women from Anti-Muslim Harassment"
Founding Partners of AIA
ADAMS Center46903 Sugarland Road
Sterling VA 20164
+1 202 670 9159
Dar Al-Noor5404 Hoadly Road
Manassas, VA 20112
Masjid Muhammad1519 4th St NW
Washington, DC 20001